The HydroC™ CO2 sensor
is a unique underwater carbon dioxide sensor for the reliable in-situ and online measurements of CO2 emissions from EOR or CCS sites.
HydroC™ CO2 Carbondioxide Sensor
CO2 used for enhanced oil recovery (EOR) or stored in depleted oil and gas fields in Carbon Capture and Storage projects (CCS) requires zero tolerance for leakage emphasizing the need for precise Measurement, Monitoring & Verification (MMV). Injection facilities, such as trees and wellheads can emit CO2, while at the same time large amounts of dissolved gas could be transported from the deep strata towards the seafloor due to injection-mediated overpressure or density driven uplift. CO2-rich leakage quickly diffuses in water, which acidifies the seawater and affects the environment.
CO2 leak detection methodology is site-specific and depends on various environmental parameters and monitoring goals. A direct way to detect even “invisible” CO2 leakage at the injection facilities or at the surrounding seafloor is the CONTROS’ field proven HydroC™ CO2 Sniffer.
HydroC™ CO2 Fast Facts
||4,7 kg (air) / 3 kg (water)
||300mA @ 12V (without external pump)
||RS-232 or RS-485
||Analog option available
||2000 - 4000 - 6000m
|Response Time (T63):
||~ 45 sec. (with external pump)
||Titanium 90 mm ø x 376 mm
||Subconn® MCBH8MTI (8-pin male)
||0 - 6000 ppm
(Standard calibration: 200 - 1000ppm)
||< 1 ppm
|| +3° C - +30°C
Arctic version: -2° C - +15°C
||CONTROS DETECT Software
Dissolved carbon dioxide diffuses quickly from the liquid through a patented thinfilm composite membrane into the internal gas circuit. Here the CO2 concentration is measured with high accuracy by non-dispersive infrared spectrometry (NDIR).
- The advantages of the CONTROS HydroC™ sensor line is the stability in long term monitoring (12 months+)
- Track proven record in the oil & gas field as well as in the scientific research
- No fouling problems due to the protection cap
- Fastest response time, T63 < 45 sec., thanks to the integrated pump and special head for maximum flow
- Unaffected performance from turbidity and zero interferences to other gaseous substances in the environment (lowers false alarm rate)
- Easy integration to the required system, integration pigtail is included
- Long-term stable signal, high realiability, very high accuracy and a long maintenance interval
- High realiability and reproducibility of the data
- Plug n' Play principle, all required cables, connectors and software are included and a proven ROV and AUV compatibility